Mathematics Library: Library Services
- Use of the Collections: Library services and collections are available to all faculty, staff and students of the Technion, and are open to the public on attainment of a library card. Most of the library's collections circulate for use outside of the library. All borrowers must have either a valid Technion faculty, a student/ staff photo ID, or a current library card issued by the Central Library Circulation Department Service Desk.
- Renewals: All borrowed materials will be automatically renewed unless ordered by someone. Borrowers may check on the status of borrowed items directly by computer access to "Your Library Card". Lost items will be charged a replacement fee.
- After-Hours Book Return: When the library is closed, books can be returned to the "after-hours book drop" that is located to the left of the library entrance door
- Books Order: Books that not on the shelves, can be ordered through "Library Catalog". Books on Hold are reserved for 3 days only, including day of arrival.
- Reserved Books and Materials: Reserved Books include materials placed on reserve for Graduate and Undergraduate level courses in Mathematics (textbooks and teaching aids) and a selection of Mathematics related software manuals. Reserved materials circulate for "one week", "overnight", or "not at all" and are not renewable. Overnight Loans: 14:00-10:00 (marked yellow) Last or only copies: 16:00-9:00 (marked green)
- The Mathematics librarian provides:
- Assistance in retrieval of scientific materials from different databases, journals and other internet resources.
- Instruction sessions in:
- Retrieval of information from databases on related department fields - for faculty and graduate students
- Library catalog use - for undergraduate students
- A meeting with a reference librarian can be arranged by tel. 04-8294271 or by mail mathlib@tx
- Faculty and staff can order articles which are not found in the Technion collection. The Document Supply Department maintains commercial ties with academic and various organizations, both in Israel and worldwide, that can supply articles rapidly and at reasonable cost, usually via e-mail (PDF files).
- Interlibrary price list
- For ordering, please contact the library at: 04-829(4271) or mathlib@tx
- All orders must include a budget number!
- People without a budgetary account can order photocopies directly from the central library department.